It’s that time of year again when Louisiana's legislators gather in Baton Rouge to address the states challenges and opportunities. This years legislative session, which kicks off on April 12th, is critically important considering the major tax changes that will be debated. While practically everything is on the table, we see the following debates dominating the session:
- Individual and corporate income tax rates…lower and flatter?
- Corporate franchise taxes...should they be eliminated altogether?
- Tax credits, deductions, and exclusions…which ones are on the chopping block and which ones are best positioned to survive?
- Sales and use taxes…is Louisiana going to catch up with the rest of the States and implement centralized filing and collection?
- Property taxes…should the State look to standardizing fair market value determinations?
Date and Time
Thu, Apr 29, 2021
11:00a - 1:00p CST